The warmer weather has finally arrived and we’ve seen an increase in demand for water coolers in the workplace. We all know the importance of staying well hydrated, especially with temperatures rising, but have you considered other benefits of getting a water cooler installed in your place of work?
1. Healthy employees
Of course the number one benefit of a water cooler in the workplace is keeping your employees healthy and hydrated. Research has shown that having a water cooler near your desk will encourage you to drink more water and here are just a few of the health benefits:
- Hydration has a major effect on energy levels and brain function.
- Waterhelps to maximize physical performance.
- Drinking plenty of water can help you to lose weight.This is due to the fact that water can increase satiety and boost your metabolic rate. People often confuse feelings of hunger with feelings of thirst, so try reaching for a glass of water first next time you feel hungry.
- Water is excellent for your skin and can actually make you look more youthful! With dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
- Drinking watermay help to prevent and treat headaches.
- You can find more health benefits of drinking water here.
You may have heard of the ‘8×8’ rule, which promotes drinking at least eight 8-oz glasses of water a day (1.9 litres). NHS experts advise that, in climates such as the UK, we should be drinking around 1.2 litres of water. That’s roughly six to eight glasses per day. Having a water cooler in the workplace makes this target much easier
2. Better for the environment
Did you know that approximately 13 billion plastic bottles are used each year in the UK with only 7.5 billion being recycled? By installing a water cooler, you are removing the need for your employees to keep buying plastic bottles to stay hydrated. You can also encourage your staff to bring in their own refillable water bottles, which is even better for the environment.
3. Improved productivity
We all understand the importance of taking short breaks in our work in order to be more productive. The occasional short break to enjoy a cool drink can also boost motivation. Most studies into workplace drinks have shown that they can be great for reducing stress, recharging batteries and putting workers in a positive frame of mind. Overall it can help to improve the satisfaction levels of the staff, making them more alert, motivated, and productive during the working day.
If you don’t provide the refreshments, the chances are your workforce will pop out of the office to get their own drinks and snacks throughout the day, further impacting productivity levels.
4. Improved working atmosphere
By installing a water cooler you are showing that you care about the wellbeing of your staff. Drinking enough water can help employees to fight off sluggishness and heighten mental awareness. This in turn improves the overall working atmosphere which impacts staff morale and motivation.
So from helping weight loss to improved employee morale, we can’t think of a reason why not to install a water cooler in your place of work this summer! You can view our water coolers here.